Friday, November 16, 2007

Cranberry Nut Mold

I didn't forget you...but I did forget the name of my Grandmother's mold...it's actually her Cranberry Nut Mold and I hope that you will try it! It's tradition in our home and easy to make. The recipe is below.


Cranberry Nut Mold

1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 pkg. 4 serving size or 1 pkg.- 8 serving size of orange Jello gelatin
1 1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1 apple
1 whole orange

Chop crannberries, orange, apple and nuts throw all ingredients in a jello mold, place in the refrigerator till firm.

I make this the night before Thanksgiving. I begin with the nuts throwing them in my food processor till they are chopped very small like grains. I clear that out putting them aside and add my cranberries to the food processor. Next I slice the apple first then put that in my machine. The last thing I chop is the orange and I include the peel.

I hope that you will enjoy !

While looking for my grandmother's Cranberry Nut Mold I found a picture of our turkey from last years Thanksgiving meal. I thought you might want to see what it looks like...I just can't wait now after seeing this.

You can get the recipe below from clicking on the link I posted yesterday...it is simply delicious.

0 comments: