Saturday, July 28, 2007

Try something new

One of my favorite layouts is "LIFE IS GOOD".
I love the way the layout turned out! It follows some simple rules for scrappers. By first drawing the eye to the picture and then to the elements finally the message.


I believe the border curve provided the focal point towards the photo. I love curves... and they are so easy to do!


I hope you will try this simple technique. I just use a piece of paper that I grab off my copier. Then lightly sketch a curved line, you could use a small lid from a bowl too. Either way I usually have to erase several times to get what I want.


Once I have the curve I place the template over my card stock move it around till I get the correct thickness of the border then I use paper clips to hold it in place. Just cut and your done! So easy!!!

I then trace that curve on a new sheet with a Sharpie and file it away for the next time.

Tomorrow I'll give you some tips on taking an action shot!

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool--a great idea and so simple to do! Btw, I knew there was a reason I liked your blog--I love Keith Urban's songs too! My husband is not into country, but after 9 years, I'm slowly "converting" him!!!

--Nikki