Friday, September 05, 2008

Six techniques to try...

 

                CS00091

 

Next time you use a die-cut why don't you try something new?  Sometimes just playing around you can get different results.  

I have taken one element from my Apple Picking file. The tree, to give you six different techniques with six different looks and uses.

 

IMG_1147         IMG_1148  

Heat embossing                 Inking the edges

IMG_1149             IMG_1152

Add a word                          Sand with sandpaper

IMG_1151     IMG_1154

Patten paper                      Masking           

Each method took only  a few minutes to create.  I even had a little helper, Julie.  As she watched me cut out the trees she asked is there anything I can do?  Why "YES, you can ink a tree for me."  Before I knew it she had the pattern paper tree done.  "What next mommy?"  Quickly I pulled out some chipboard letters and told her that I needed them inked in fall colors.  Julie continued helping me until clean up time.  But that's ok we still spent some quality time together catching up on our day.

SO YOU WANT A CHALLENGE?

Three die-cuts from the Apple Picking file; the tree, apples and basket will be left for you to download in my yahoo group. 

All you have to do is create something with them. You don't have to use all three, you can use just one or all, it's up to you.    Create a card, home decor or use them on a layout to share with us.

You could also share a new technique.

Either way use the file> share your creation and you can receive the Apple Picking file for doing so.

Just upload your unique creation to the Gallery and send me a link through my email.  Everyone who shares gets the file. 

HaPpY ScRaPpInG!

Carrie

0 comments: