Saturday, March 15, 2008

Children's ATC Challenge....

Children's ATC Challenge...

Are you looking for something for the kids to do on spring break? Or over the weekend? How about stepping aside and allowing them to create their very own ATC card?

The challenge is really to you mom or grandma! Can we sit back and allow our children to create without getting involved in the process?

Well I'm going to try! It should be interesting, although, when Julie heard that Paperthreads was going to host children's challenges she sat right down and drew up her own design. It was so precious when she came to me showing me a twelve scoop ice cream cone. I had to explain that I didn't know the details on the challenges but I don't think they want you to design your own file.

Then she said OK mommy, can I cut some of your files to get ready for the challenge, this was like a month ago. I told her that I had an ice cream cone so we cut that out then she printed "I (heart) U" on the three cones, she was so proud that she had a start on the challenge. We set that one aside for when the challenges begin.

Then when she saw my banners she wanted to create something out of those. You saw the banner that she made for her room didn't you? I then sat back and allowed her to choose the files plan and adhere her wall banner. We decided to share it on my blog still waiting for the Children's challenge to be announced.

Finally, the challenge is posted and I haven't told her yet. We have been so busy with the last week of school assignments and preparations for first communion but I think I will let her know soon...as soon as I'm ready to step aside once again! My goal is to have it ready by the deadline! So If we don't get to it this weekend I'm setting aside Monday for sure so we can load it by March 18th.

I will let you know what her reaction is and I'm a little bit hesitant since I know she will want to begin right away and having Lorelei this weekend I better be ready. We still have some house cleaning and grocery shopping then I should be ready. How about you are you ready to set aside the challenge? Once you do you will be amazed at how excited they become and hey it's getting them involved in what we love...scrapping!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to see many Children's ATC cards loading in the forum...If I can do it you can too!

Carrie

0 comments: